A fresh install is deleting your current hon installation (uninstalling) and reinstalling the game.
One of the first things you may be asked todo is todo a fresh install. This is requested for a number of reasons but the most common is to ensure a known clean base.
- Uninstall HoN (either via uninstall program or delete the install directory)
- Check the box in the second prompt window
- Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Heroes of Nerwerth\ folder
- Delete the settings directory
- LINUX: ~/.Heroes\ of\ Newerth/game/
- WINXP: C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\My Documents\Heroes of Newerth\game\
- WIN7: C:\Users\[user]\Documents\Heroes of Newerth\game\
- MAC: /Users/[user]/Library/Application Support/Heroes of Newerth/game/
- Download a fresh installer from: http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/download/
- Install, start HoN and try to replicate the issue
NOTE: It is wise to change the location of your installation when re-installing the game. Instead of the default location in Windows, you may consider C:/HoN